- Shipping Tips
- Shipping Rates
- Holiday Order Deadlines
- Shipping Methods
- State Shipping Restrictions
- Age Disclaimer - 21+ Signature Required
- Shipping Times
- Shipping outside of the United States
1. Shipping Tips
As of March 23, 2017 Cameron Hughes Wine changed shipping partners from FedEx to UPS. This change is reflected in our checkout and selection of carriers. If you have questions about the switch from FedEx to UPS or if you have any issues with our new shipping method, please Contact Us. In the meantime, here are some very helpful tips to keep in mind when receiving your CHW wine shipment via UPS.
- An adult signature (21+) is required for delivery. Carriers will not leave packages unattended regardless of having a signature on file.
- Utilize UPS My Choice. This gives you the power to customize your home deliveries to fit your busy life! For your iPhone or Android mobile device download UPS My Choice App for the same level of delivery management from your phone.
- If possible, we recommend shipping to a business address where the package can be accepted throughout the day and week. Note: Our packages are labeled as containing wine and requiring an adult signature -- so you may want check with your employer first. We've found that most are willing to accept delivery (even more so if you offer to share!).
- If you are shipping a gift, please alert the recipient so they can expect the delivery. We know it spoils the surprise -- but we think it's a better alternative than spoiled wine.
- Monitor your Order Status and Tracking each time you order. If necessary, Contact Us and we can place a hold on delivery or reroute to a new address within the state.
- For East Coast customers, we recommend ordering on the weekend or early in the week. This will ensure timely delivery and avoids the potential of your packaging sitting at a facility over the weekend. This will also help prevent any weather related issues. See our Shipping Times for further information.
- Prices of our wines do not include shipping/handling charges, the cost of which varies depending on destination, number of bottles ordered and choice of delivery options.
2. Shipping Rates
Wine is heavy (and expensive) to ship, so we offer simple, discounted flat rate shipping! Shipping on a case (12 bottles) is just $10 to anywhere in the US (excluding AK and HI), and orders of 24 bottles and over (in increments of 6) ship for free. The table below provides further detail on our shipping rates.
|Quantity||UPS Ground||UPS 3 Day Select||UPS 2nd Day Air|
|Samplers||$5||$11||UPS Standard Rate|
|12 Bottles (1 case)||$10||$22||UPS Standard Rate|
|18 Bottles||$15||$33||UPS Standard Rate|
|24 Bottles (2 cases)||Free||$24||UPS Standard Rate|
|+ Increments of 6 (30, 36, 42, etc.)||Free||$30, $36, $42||UPS Standard Rate|
Please note that order quantities that do not match in 6 bottle increments will be charged the UPS Standard Rate of the selected shipping tier.
UPS 3 Day Select Shipping provides delivery before end of day on business days. For this service there is surcharge of $1/bottle to our discounted flat rate shipping.
Prices of our wines do not include shipping/handling charges, the cost of which varies depending on destination, number of bottles ordered and choice of delivery options.
3. Holiday Shipping
The last day to ship for delivery by Thanksgiving Day will be: Nov. 12th for the East Coast and Nov. 15th for the West Coast.
The last day to ship for delivery before Christmas Day will be: Dec. 11th for the East Coast and Dec. 15th for the West Coast.
The last day to ship for delivery before New Year's Eve will be: Dec. 14th for the East Coast and Dec. 21st for the West Coast. After those dates we recommend using UPS 2-Day shipping.
4. Shipping Methods
Currently we offer shipping via UPS Ground, UPS 3 Day Select, and UPS 2nd Day Air. Please see Ground Shipping Times for more information about delivery times for Ground and Home Delivery.
By placing an order, buyer authorizes seller to act on buyer’s behalf in arranging for transportation of the wine at buyer’s direction. Alternatively, buyer may choose to pick up the wine at seller’s location, or make independent shipping arrangements. For wine picked up at the seller’s location, sales tax will be applied based on that location.
5. Wine Shipping Restrictions
We are only able to ship to states which have laws that permit shipment of wine directly to consumers. These states currently are:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
The laws regarding the direct shipment of wine are constantly changing. We will expand our service area when laws permit. We are optimistic that these restrictions will gradually disappear as consumer demand around the direct shipment of wine grows.
For more information and a state-by-state analysis of direct shipping laws, please visit the Wine Institute site.
6. Age Disclaimer - 21+ Signature Required
Wine may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. By placing your order, you represent to us that you are at least 21 years old and that the person to whom delivery will be made is at least 21 years old. When your wine is delivered, the person receiving delivery may be required to show identification proving that he or she is at least 21 years old. Wine will not be delivered to a visibly intoxicated person.
Certain state laws regulate the number of cases of wine that can be shipped annually to a single person. If your order is affected, we will contact you.
All packages are labeled as containing wine and requiring an Adult Signature. Carriers will not leave packages unattended regardless of having a signature on file.
Cameron Hughes Wine assumes no liability for wine damaged due to poor weather during transport or delayed delivery. Please check weather conditions prior to order and ensure that someone (over the age of 21) will be available to receive the wine upon delivery.
The most frequent cause of damaged wine is due to multiple delivery attempts -- please monitor your package tracking and follow our tips to ensure delivery.
During the summer months we offer a "Buy & Hold" program for a small fee. This program allows you to purchase wine and have it held in our temperature-controlled warehouse for shipment in the fall. We encourage customers living in warmer climates to take advantage of this program.
8. Shipping Times
Orders received before 12:30PM Pacific are typically processed and shipped within 24-48 hours. All orders ship from Northern California UPS Ground, unless specified otherwise.
Once a package leaves our warehouse, West Coast shipments typically take 2-3 business days in transit, Central shipments typically take 3-4 business days in transit, and East Coast shipments typically take 5-6 business days in transit. You will receive an email confirmation when your order has shipped. Sorry, Cameron Hughes Wine is unable to guarantee same-day shipment or shipping transit times.
9. Shipping Outside of the U.S.
At this time, Cameron Hughes Wine only ships within the United States.