Lot 469 | 2013 Napa Valley

Cabernet Sauvignon

Gold Medal, 92 pts, North Coast Wine Challenge; An incredible combination of power and finesse - our first superstar Cab release of 2016.

$32.00

(48 Reviews)

Discounted shipping on 12 bottles. Free shipping on 24 or more.

Lot 469 2013 Napa Valley Cabernet

Lot 469 | 2013 Napa Valley

Cabernet Sauvignon

$32.00

(48 Reviews)

Discounted shipping on 12 bottles. Free shipping on 24 or more.

Wine Details

High toned florals, blackberry, and hints of olive and granite peek out of this densely structured wine over the course of an hour or two. A core of dense black fruit is supported by rich, supple tannins that persist throughout its long, sustained finish. Clearly there is plenty of baby fat here that will eventually fade to reveal even more complexity, but it’s ready to impress now.

  • Vintage
  • 2013
  • Appellation
  • Napa Valley
  • Grape
  • Cabernet Sauvignon
  • Alcohol by Volume
  • 14.9%
  • Cases Produced
  • 600 cases
  • Drink/hold
  • Now through 2030
  • Release Email
Cam Confidential

Lot 469 is made from a combination of two superstar properties, with 70% coming from J Squared Ranch (Coombsville) and the remaining 30% coming from Stagecoach Vineyard. While this is the first release for us from this amazing property, the combined powers of the two vineyards is sure to blow your mind. Inky and black, Lot 469 blends the ethereal gorgeousness of Coombsville with the power and structure of Stagecoach, and is every bit as good as the ’13 Cabernet lineup we introduced last Fall. Compare at $100+.

Reviews

48 Reviews Total

Noebobo

Verified Purchase

I finally tried a bottle 469 that I had been storing and it did not disappoint. I'm so happy that I have more as this is a perfect dark, bold cab and one of my favorites from CH.

Craig

Verified Purchase

This is up there with Lot 609 as the best wine I've had from CH. Needs at least 45 minute decant. I was livid with myself after having that first bottle that I wasn't able to buy a case.

Tom

This is the best CH wine I have tried so far (OK, I only started buying them in the last 9 months). I found it to be better than the 606 and 601. Deep, full flavored, hints of fruit and oak, complex, promises more down the road. Most important, goes down great, either with food or without. I was sorry to see that it sold out, and the found out I had four more bottles stashed away I hadn't known I'd purchased!

curiouswino42

Verified Purchase

Needs to open - give it at least an hour. If not, there a tad too much sugar in its the fruity palate and tannin is out of whack - too tannic.

After it opens, you get more of the dried fruit / melon palate with a elegant and balanced finish. There's mild to slightly heavy tannin (not too grubby). The nose, however, is somewhat muted.

BK

Verified Purchase

Delicious...best of the several CH cabernets I've tried including the hyped 606, except the spectacular 603.

Quito

Verified Purchase

Bold, bright, and young. Alas, it's unavailable. Hope the '14 is similar.

Big Lou

Verified Purchase

I am renovating my home. I reached into a Cameron Hughes box I had in storage and pulled out a bottle to take to a party. I didn't look as I was in a rush. I opened it at the party and was both delighted and disappointed. Delighted that I had found another great Cam red and disappointed that I may be sharing it with people who wouldn't appreciate it. I met another party-goer who was a Cam Fan and shared it with him. Is it wrong I drank most of it myself?

Jerry

Verified Purchase

If you like big, bold NAPA Cabs, this one won't dissapoint. This is a dense, complex, big-boy wine that will age very well. For $32 a bottle you are stealing it. This will stand up to most 50 to 75 dollar wines at the local wine shop!

Kathy

Verified Purchase

Smooth and a great value.

Stacy

Verified Purchase

This is one big and bold cab. One of my favorites