- Shipping Tips
- Shipping Rates
- Holiday Order Deadlines
- Shipping Methods
- State Shipping Restrictions
- Age Disclaimer - 21+ Signature Required
- Shipping Times
- Shipping outside of the United States
1. Shipping Tips
As of November 8, 2019 Cameron Hughes Wine's official shipping partner is FedEx. This change is reflected in our checkout and selection of carriers. If you have questions about the switch or have any issues with this shipping method, please Contact Us and we will help you out. In the meantime, here are some very helpful tips to keep in mind when receiving your CHW wine shipment.
- An adult signature (21+) is required for delivery. Carriers will not drop off packages unattended regardless of having a signature on file.
- Utilize FedEx Delivery Manager. This gives you the power to customize your home deliveries to fit your busy life! If you have an iPhone, you can download the FedEx app here. If you have an Android, you can download the FedEx app here.
- If possible, we recommend shipping to a business address where the package can be accepted throughout the day and week. Note: Our packages are labeled as containing wine and requiring an adult signature -- so you may want check with your employer first. We've found that most are willing to accept delivery (even more so if you offer to share!).
- If you are shipping a gift, please alert the recipient so they can expect the delivery. We know it spoils the surprise -- but we think it's a better alternative than spoiled wine.
- Monitor your Order Status and Tracking each time you order. If necessary, Contact Us and we can place a hold on delivery or reroute to a new address within the state.
- For East Coast customers, we recommend ordering on the weekend or early in the week. This will ensure timely delivery and avoids the potential of your packaging sitting at a facility over the weekend. This will also help prevent any weather related issues. See our Shipping Times for further information.
- Prices of our wines do not include shipping/handling charges, the cost of which varies depending on destination, number of bottles ordered and choice of delivery options.
2. Shipping Rates
Wine is heavy (and expensive) to ship, so we offer simple, discounted flat rate shipping! Ground Shipping on a case (12 bottles) is free to anywhere in the US! (excluding AK and HI) The table below provides further detail on our shipping rates.
|Quantity||FedEx Ground||FedEx 3 Day||FedEx 2 Day|
|Samplers||$5||$11||FedEx Standard Rate|
|12 Bottles (1 case)||Free||$22||FedEx Standard Rate|
|18 Bottles||Free||$33||FedEx Standard Rate|
|24 Bottles (2 cases)||Free||$24||FedEx Standard Rate|
|+ Increments of 6 (30, 36, 42, etc.)||Free||$30, $36, $42||FedEx Standard Rate|
FedEx 3 Day Shipping provides delivery before end of day on business days. For this service there is surcharge of $1/bottle to our discounted flat rate shipping.
Prices of our wines do not include shipping/handling charges, the cost of which varies depending on destination, number of bottles ordered and choice of delivery options.
3. Holiday Shipping 2020
ATTN: FedEx has given us notice they anticipate a capacity shortage for the remainder of 2020, and have imposed pickup and transit restrictions nationwide that may potentially delay shipments a week or more through the rest of the year. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The last day to order for guaranteed delivery by Thanksgiving Day will be: Nov. 6th for the East Coast and Nov. 13th for the West Coast.
The last day to order for guaranteed delivery before Christmas Day will be: Dec. 6th for the East Coast and Dec. 11th for the West Coast.
The last day to order for guaranteed delivery before New Year's Eve will be: Dec. 11th for the East Coast and Dec. 17th for the West Coast.
4. Shipping Methods
Currently we offer shipping via FedEx Ground, FedEx Home Delivery, FedEx 3 Day, and FedEx 2 Day. Please see Ground Shipping Times for more information about delivery times for Ground and Home Delivery.
By placing an order, buyer authorizes seller to act on buyer’s behalf in arranging for transportation of the wine at buyer’s direction. Alternatively, buyer may choose to pick up the wine at seller’s location, or make independent shipping arrangements. For wine picked up at the seller’s location, sales tax will be applied based on that location.
5. Wine Shipping Restrictions
We are only able to ship to states which have laws that permit shipment of wine directly to consumers. These states currently are:
Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Vermont, Virginia, Washington, West Virginia, Wisconsin and Wyoming.
The laws regarding the direct shipment of wine are constantly changing. We will expand our service area when laws permit. We are optimistic that these restrictions will gradually disappear as consumer demand around the direct shipment of wine grows.
For more information and a state-by-state analysis of direct shipping laws, please visit the Wine Institute site.
6. Age Disclaimer - 21+ Signature Required
Wine may be sold and delivered only to persons who are at least 21 years old. By placing your order, you represent to us that you are at least 21 years old and that the person to whom delivery will be made is at least 21 years old. When your wine is delivered, the person receiving delivery may be required to show identification proving that he or she is at least 21 years old. Wine will not be delivered to a visibly intoxicated person.
Certain state laws regulate the number of cases of wine that can be shipped annually to a single person. If your order is affected, we will contact you.
All packages are labeled as containing wine and requiring an Adult Signature. Carriers will not leave packages unattended regardless of having a signature on file.
Cameron Hughes Wine assumes no liability for wine damaged due to poor weather during transport or delayed delivery. Please check weather conditions prior to order and ensure that someone (over the age of 21) will be available to receive the wine upon delivery.
The most frequent cause of damaged wine is due to multiple delivery attempts -- please monitor your package tracking and follow our tips to ensure delivery.
During the summer months we offer a "Buy & Hold" program for a small fee. This program allows you to purchase wine and have it held in our temperature-controlled warehouse for shipment in the fall. We encourage customers living in warmer climates to take advantage of this program.
8. Shipping Times
Orders received before 12:30PM Pacific are typically processed and shipped within 24-48 business hours. All orders ship from Northern California FedEx Ground/Home Delivery, unless specified otherwise.
Once a package leaves our warehouse, West Coast shipments typically take 2-3 business days in transit, Central shipments typically take 3-4 business days in transit, and East Coast shipments typically take 5-6 business days in transit. You will receive an email confirmation when your order has shipped. Sorry, Cameron Hughes Wine is unable to guarantee same-day shipment or shipping transit times.
9. Shipping Outside of the U.S.
At this time, Cameron Hughes Wine only ships within the United States.